Easy idea for darn good potato salad

The listings that I will put on this blog will be very easy and a little bit strange but also require very little money to use. I put my own spin on potato salad that is very easy along with being extremely tasty. A couple of things that I like personally is a little bit of spice in everything that I make and I urge everyone that follows these recipes to get a couple of things that I use everyday.
1.) 3 pepper mustard
2.) smoked paprika
3.) Steak Seasoning
4.) Onion powder or dehydrated onion flakes
5.) Creole Seasoning
6.) White pepper

One thing that I love is a good and tasty potato salad but I get tired of the regular old recipes that everyone in the south uses. This one is a lot different but the flavors are phenomenal. Start by dicing around 5-7 large red or yukon gold potatoes. I find that these kinds of potatoes are a little better for salads and add a little better flavor than Russets. Although regular Russet potatoes will work the flavors won't pop as much as the gold or red potatoes. Once diced add to some boiling water with at least a tablespoon or two of Garlic powder to infuse the flavor into the potatoes. I know that sounds excessive but trust me, it isn't overpowering. Once the potatoes are able to be pierced easily with a toothpick, drain them and stick them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to knock the heat off of them. Once cooled down. add these items.

1.) 1 cup of mayo (fat free is ok if you want to keep it a little healthier)
2.) 1/3 cup of 3 pepper mustard
3.) Tbsp Raw Prepared horseradish
4.) 1/2 tspn dry mustard
5.) 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
6.) tbsp creole seasoning
7.) tbsp oregano
8.) tspn basil
9.) tbsp rosemary
10.) 1/2 tspn olive oil
11.) tbsp steak seasoning
12.) 2 tbsp dehydrated onion (or half of a raw onion)

Mix these items together and then dust the top with smoked paprika and mix again. I don't actually measure these items at home, I eyeball it and it still tastes great. Another thing you can add is a shake of hot sauce or worchestershire sauce to bring another level of flavor to the dish. I find by not measuring everything note for note saves time and keeps the tastes interesting. This is a great recipe that I made up just experimenting and trying something different. If anyone has any ideas to add or delete from this recipe to make this different or more interesting let me know. I welcome new ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment