Teriyaki Egg Roll Dogs

So, I was thinking the other night how I would make an egg roll differently and eureka...put a hot dog in it. I had the wrappers, I had the Asian broccoli slaw, and I had the hot dogs. All I needed was a sauce to marinate the slaw in when I precooked it. I used a premade hot teriyaki sauce that I will more than likely not use again because they were overly spicy. I would suggest another teriyaki though next time I make these, or make your own. Here are the items that you'll need:

1 package of all beef kosher bun length hot dogs
1 package egg roll wrappers
1 package of broccoli slaw (or 1 head of broccoli (shredded) 2 carrots (shredded))
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 egg
1 Tbsp water

Cut the hot dogs in half and set aside
In a skillet, drizzle some sesame oil and begin quick sauteing the broccoli slaw. Mix in the teriyaki sauce once the slaw melds in sautee process and make sure the slaw gets coated. Set the broccoli slaw aside and cook the hot dog halves in the leftover teriyaki. Assemble the egg rolls by the directions on the package and fry in vegetable or canola oil until all sides are golden brown. Dip in some sweet and sour sauce or bbq sauce and you are good to go. Try weird things sometimes and don't be afraid to step outside of the box of normality. I always pack that you should love what you eat and enjoy flavor in life. More to come soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment